Sunday, May 3, 2009

Kiara's Reflection

This unit is called Self.Net and we are experiencing the net through this blog. The blog provided a very good platform for us to share and discuss about difference ideas and issues. We are not limited by time and place. Even we are not having lecture, we can still access to the internet and try to discuss the topics together here on the net. The only problem is that we are not very actively involved in it. And I think this blogging assignment really help us to think about what the impact internet bring to us.

The unit is really inspiring. Like the concept of cyborg, I have never thought of myself as a cyborg. Cyborg is only thing that appears in science fiction and movies. Like the reading that I presented last week, it talks about something that I have never thought of, it inspire me a lot. I do agree that at some point we can consider as cyborg. With our technology growing everyday, it’s hard for us to separate the internet and technology in our lives. And this idea provided a new way for us to think about what we will in the future. To make us aware changes are needed as the old rules no longer fit in our rapid changing world.

Be honest the topic that this unit cover were something that I have never encountered before, I am not really know a lot about the internet and technology issues. And in linking internet with different gender and social issues, it opens up my mind. Make me aware that we can no longer neglect technology in our lives, it is not pure science but an important in the society that bring us changes and influence.

After learning this course it encouraged me to keep on exploring the relations between technology and us. And it interested me that what will happen after like ten years later with the rapid growing technology development, what our living world will look like.

1 comment: