Overall, I think using weblogs is one of the new and good learning ways in modern age. We are not only just post our webliography and presentation outlines to the weblog but also we are able to leave comments to others. Students can share their opinions and discuss with each others on their posts. We can even have a more discussion on the theories and notions from the assigned readings. Moreover, as our weblog is a public website, it may even draw attentions from people all over the world to comment on our ideas and writings.
Am I a cyborg? This is a really interesting question to answer. When I hear and know about the meanings of this term on lesson, the first thing come to my mind is ‘Robot’. I just keep on thinking about different robot characters in movie, such as, the dark vador and skywalker in Star wars. I think cyborg must be something like human merge with electronic machines. I thought cyborgs are just the things that appear on movies. However, after I get in-depth on the course, I believe we are cyborg in some ways, as I am very depending on technology things. I just can’t live without them, the gadgets in my pockets, the internet connection on my home PC, and even the glasses that I am wearing now. They are all becoming important roles in my life. My body is just being extended and enhanced by different technologies and tools. Even this post, I have to use my PC that connected to this virtual platform to leave my reflection post. I definitely believe that I am a cyborg now.
For me, it is interesting for us to work on our assignments through weblog. And the course material really inspired me on knowing different knowledge and ideas. I think the course is too focusing on talking theories and notions on different topics. It is quite difficult for us to know all these ideas. Sometimes, the concepts just make me confused and it takes too much time for me to understand the readings. Lastly, I think the weight of the final research essay is a bit too heavy. It would be better for giving us a more balanced workload on the assignments. I just feel some assignments just takes us too much time to work on them.
Friday, May 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ALL THE BEST FOR YEAR 3 STUDENTS!!!!
ReplyDelete